Your wedding day … the birth of your child … your daughter’s high school graduation … your first grandchild.
When you think of these images, what comes to mind?
- One of life’s greatest moments?
- An emotional celebration?
- A warm memory?
These events usually create a particular image in your mind. Along with these images often come feelings, emotions, and warm thoughts. You are then connected to a memory from some moment of the past. How do you feel now?
How would you feel if you could bring your customer there every time you showed her one of your products?
- Do you think your sales might go through the roof? You bet they would!
- Remember the powerful impact of images and emotions as you present the best solution to your customer’s needs. When you approach clients in this way, you create a highly charged connection with them. The stronger and more pleasant the emotional connection, the stronger the trust and loyalty you will receive in return. Whether you sell jewelry, photo equipment or toys … your customers simply won’t buy anywhere else!
- Too many times, salespeople blame lost sales on their customers’ indecision or lack of knowledge. The reality is that these are rarely the reasons. The fault, more often than not, lies with the salesperson. Was the merchandise really sold? More importantly, was the heart? Probably not. More than likely, the emotional factor was left out.
Selling emotion is not about product knowledge … it’s about how you connect the features and benefits to your customers’ lives, their memories and their dreams.
- Talk openly about that special moment, whether it’s a passionate memory or a sentimental experience yet to come. “What’s your grandson’s name?” “Do you remember how he proposed?”
- Watch your customer’s eyes light up as you share in one of the emotional highlights of her life.
- Never forget the power of the ingenious “Kodak moment” campaign. It wrote the book on touching emotions through memories!
So, bring to life a cherished memory from your customer’s past or a beautiful hope for the future.
- Link your name and your product to that image. That’s how the masters do it.
- When it’s done skillfully, the warm glow of satisfaction and excitement is readily visible on your customer’s face … and you have turned this shopping trip into a pleasurable experience that will create a long-term relationship!
Want to learn more about this topic?
Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-842-1275.